Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes...or almost 5yr olds

It's so neat to see both the kids growing, and trying to grasp new concepts, and occasionally get a glimpse into how their little minds work.

Marshall is a funny kid! Sometimes it's just plain hard to not laugh out loud at what he says. This past weekend we were driving back to my aunts house from church. I was somewhat prepping them by letting them know that later that day they would be going back to Grandma and Grandpas house. Each of them seemed to be okay with that.

I then told them that I had a Doctor's appointment on Tuesday and we would find out then if the Doctor felt it was okay for Mommy to go back home to Lethbridge, or if I had to stay here in Calgary.

Marshall pipes up and says "Mom, when the Doctor helps take the baby out of your tummy, can I hold him?"
Me: "Of course you can" I reply, and then Paisley jumps right in
Paisley: "Me too, me too" -Marshall proceeds to show her how you need to hold the baby (ohh so cute!) 
Marshall then continues to tell me "Mom, when the Doctor helps you take the baby out of your tummy it will slowly get smaller and smaller." -Thanks Marshall!! I had no idea ;)

He pauses for a minute and then asks another question.

Marshall :"Mom, can you do me a favour?"
Me: "...umm sure?!"
Marshall: "When you get married again-
Me: (I immediately cut in) "Get married again? I'm not getting married again, I married Daddy-
Marshall: (he then cuts me off...a little frustrated as if I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm talking about) "No, no when you get married again, can you have a girl baby? Cause Paisley really wants a baby sister"
Me: "oh...umm, well we will have to see. We will have to pray to Heavenly Father and see if we should have another baby. But no, I can't promise it will be a girl
Marshall: (in a somewhat disappointed, but almost a little understanding voice) "oookaaay"

Lightbulb Moment for myself- He thinks that when you get married, that's how you get a baby in your tummy...we'll just let him think that for a little while longer!


Just yesterday I was talking to Marshall on the phone (as we do now on a daily basis) and he was telling me how one of his cousins bite him. I proceed to ask him why his cousin bit him, what he did to make his cousin want to bite him...etc I then ask him if he forgave his cousin and his reply to me was "No, I didn't say that word"

How I love that little boy...who isn't so 'little' anymore! I still can't believe he will be starting Kindergarten this year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment