Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Japanese Cabbage Salad

This salad is a winner!! It's so quick and easy, and oh so tasty! This particular recipe comes from my Aunt Diane. Every time we have a family gathering, I look forward to this Salad!

The Recipe is as Follows:
1 medium cabbage shredded
1 pkg. of bean sprouts
2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
1 small bunch gr onions chopped
1/2 pkg. chow mein noodles
1-2 ichiban noodles (beef) broken up
1/2 c. roasted, salted sunflower seeds
1/4 c roasted sesame seeds
1 c slivered toasted almonds
Mix the above together
Dressing:
3/4 c oil (canola)
1/4 c soya sauce
1/4 c vinegar
seasoning pkg. from ichiban soup
1 T white sugar
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper   
Mix together in a shaker style container and pour over salad right before serving.

This makes a very large salad, perfect for pot-lucks! Although it can easily be halved, ENJOY!! :)

P.S. I am sorry, but there is no picture to go with this...it was devoured before I even got a chance to take one....I guess I will just have to make it again and take a picture then! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment