I found this gem on 'The Noshery' blog (go and check her post out, because she has some mouth watering pictures to go along with the recipe.
Here is my mouth watering picture :)
Here is the Recipe and Instructions:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-1/2” cubes
- 1 ½ cups corn starch
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs **I just used regular bread crumbs**
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger root, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes **even with only 1/4 tsp this adds quite the kick, so if you don't like the spice, don't add so much :) **
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
In a large saucepan combine 1 ½ cups water, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Blend well over medium heat for a few minutes. Stir in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and mix thoroughly. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens. Pour sauce over breaded chicken, and if desired garnish with green onions.
Now I know what you are thinking, "where is my pad of paper and pen, I need to make a grocery list"...so GO, GO, GO!!