- 2 lbs fresh tortellini, cooked according to instructions (I used 4 cheese)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped ( just used the white ones that you put in the brown bag at the store)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 5)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (I used 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (I used 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (I used 1 tsp dried)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano (I just used pizza mozzarella...because that's what I had in my fridge)
- fresh ground black pepper
PREPARATION:Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
Sauté mushrooms until browned.
Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes more.
Add the butter to the pan and melt.
Add the cream and grated cheese and chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add the fresh chopped herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over the tortellini.
*Things I would do differently*
-I would at least double the mushrooms, they were soooo tasty and just soaked in the flavour!
-I would use LESS butter, we found it to be just a bit too much.
-I would like to try it with the Fresh spices and also use the Pecorino Romano
Here is the link to where we found the recipe, you should check out this guys website, he's got some other really yummy looking recipes!! Tortellini with Creamy Butter Sage Sauce