Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

running

Ok, so I've really been trying to get back into running lately. I would really like to run some races, i think eventually a half marathon...but right now that is looking next to impossible! I just want to be able to run and run and run...and feel great about it...AND while doing it! I would say I'm somewhat motivated to run...I get going on a semi-consistent basis...and then it rains! I'm not THAT motivated to go out running in the rain!

Latley I can barely make 5K. To be honest, I hate every second if it, I feel like such a whimp because I want to give up...or just stop. But the feeling I get when I'm done my run, knowing I just ran ___ (so many K) makes me really happy. I love how I feel for the rest of the day after I run!

I need to figure out a few things though.
1) a breathing pattern...so I can feel like i'm getting SOME air while I run
2) how to pace myself
3) what I can do to make my knee not hurt for the rest of the day after I run!

Right now, my current goal is to run 5K on July 3rd...and not even joking...the main reason I want to do a race...is for the shirt!! how lame is that!! haha!!

Ohh goodness! ...so if any of you out there are runners, have some good tips for me, I would LOVE to hear them!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment