Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OH what a day...of First's

Yesterday was an eventful day for Marshall! He experienced a lot of first's!

-first real day of being potty trained
-first time falling off the potty (He did hit his head on the counter, but I think it scared him more than anything)
-first accident...not near the potty (After this he went a got a diaper and was 'begging' me to put it on him...)
-first time burning his hand on the stove top element (after I had said "don't touch, it is hot")




...Like I said, it was an eventful day...

This morning we continued with the potty training process. Marshall was pretty excited that he got to wear Lightning McQueen and Mater underwear!! Today he experienced his first time peeing on the potty! He was pretty happy about it and as a result of this he got to put a sticker on his chart, and get a brand new Hot Wheels car....

After breakfast he went back on the potty in hopes that he would do a #2, after being on the potty for at least 25 min we figured he didn't have to go, he said he didn't have to go....only to go and sit up at the table two seconds later and pee all over the chair!

...We aren't quite sure if he is ready for this whole big thing quite yet! We're not stopping all together...just maybe not wearing 'big boy' underwear all day! We will see how it goes!!

2 comments:

Smathers House of Girls said...

I know it's messy but what I found is if you can just stick it out in the underwear, he WILL get it. That's what I had to do with Hails anyway. I've heard boys are harder so good luck! I've put potty training up with my biggest accomplishments :)

Nancy said...

We're working on nighttime training now...but I have this thing about changing the sheets every other day so we still do diapers. I'm not really sure what to do about that...but it sounds like you're making great progress with the underwear. I agree with Smathers...just stick with it; it's messy, but it doesn't last for forever. And he already regrets it, so he knows he's not supposed to...

Post a Comment