Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

I surrendered?!

Before we ever had Marshall, I told myself that I would never use a portable potty. There was NO way I was going to deal with that! I didn't like the idea of dumping the 'waste' from one potty to another, when it could just as easily of been done in the big one!

Our first purchase of a toilet seat was the plain blue and white first years one...it was alright except there was not a pee guard...which is a must if you have a boy!



Our second purchase for a toilet seat was a Cars Lightning McQueen one, which Marshall LOVES, and it has the BEST pee guard I've seen so far!...The only problem is that there is no way, even with the help of a stool that Marshall can get on or off (without doing some serious damage) by himself!




After a week and a bit of spending a lot of time sitting on the bathroom floor (I almost began to think we lived in there), I thought, there has to be an easier way! It might not be so bad if I wasn't 37 weeks pregnant...but I AM!

So after talking to some much more experienced potty trainers than myself...I gave in...I surrendered to the portable potty!



And I must say, that it isn't as bad as I thought. In fact it has made potty training on ME a lot easier! Marshall can get on and off by himself, I can continue to proceed with what needs to be done during the day, and Marshall doesn't feel as though he will be missing anything by taking time to go and sit on the potty...as he is right in the middle of all the action!

Although he still doesn't tell me when he needs to go to the bathroom (i hope this comes soon) I am pretty darn proud of my boy! He is filling up is pee and poo chart, and is spending all day (except for nap) in his big boy Lightning McQueen/Spiderman/NBA ginch and LOVES IT!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

We've used a little potty for quite some time. I tried getting Rachel to use the big potty, but she really can't get on or off, either. So we're still using the little potty...and it really isn't that bad.

Looks like Marshall is doing great!

Myrna said...

Not to be gross, but I STILL remember my potty from a long, long time ago (like 50 years). And I remember that I really loved it! Kind of a freaky memory! (Nancy's mom)

Post a Comment