Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Yay for being organized :)

I've always been one for meal planning! Most of the time I just do a week at a time. I like to get all the groceries I need for the entire week in one shopping trip. It saves me time, money, and then I don't feel like I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off in the late afternoon trying to decide what we are going to have for dinner!!

During summer time things kind of become a little more slack. Bed time isn't always that consistent and dinner is not always planned.

In the past I've always just written out our meals for the week on paper. Over the weekend I bought a whiteboard calendar. Now I have five...yes that's right five weeks of meals planned.

On Sundays we have Pancakes with Strawberries and Whip Cream YUM...the best part is that Irish makes dinner for us!! 

For the next little while Tuesday is going to be our Crock-Pot night, as the kids have swimming lessons just before supper time, and this will make tuesdays a little less hectic!

So here it is:
Week 1
Sunday: Pancakes
Monday: Shepard's Pie
Tuesday: Sausage Minestrone
Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas
Thursday: I don't have to make anything as it's our Stake Fall Fair
Friday: Spaghetti
Saturday: We are going to Waterton with my S-I-L and her family...so I'm assuming we're going to eat out ;)

Week 2
Sunday: Pancakes
Monday: Homemade Pizza
Tuesday: Hamburger Soup
Wednesday: Lemon & Herb Salmon with Rice & Veggies
Thursday: Freezer Meal
Friday: Warm Lemon Pepper Salad
Saturday: Left Overs

Week 3
Sunday: Pancakes
Monday:Creamy Beef & Noodle Bake
Tuesday: Turkey Meatball Soup
Wednesday: Chinese Sundaes
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Left Overs
Saturday: Irish has a big date planned for us this night...so I'm assuming NO cooking for me!

Week 4
Sunday: Pancakes
Monday: Chicken Burgers
Tuesday: Chunky Pizza Soup
Wednesday: Beef & Bean Chimichangas
Thursday: Lemon & Herb Salmon with Rice & Veggies (we are not the biggest fan of fish, but we like the recipe I do for this...so it's the same)
Friday: Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole
Saturday: Stuffed Pizza Rolls

Week 5
Sunday: Pancakes
Monday: Hamburger Stroganoff
Tuesday: 3 Bean & Lentil Soup
Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan Cutlets with Rice & Veggies
Thursday: Freezer Meal
Friday: Left Overs
Saturday: Cajun Chicken Pasta

 I always write down where I'm getting the recipe from so I know where to look on the day that I'm making it! If it's from somewhere on the internet and we like it, I add it to my Binder!!

Feel free to use this as your new 5 week meal menu!! Enjoy :)

2 comments:

TheSchinbeins said...

Okay we need to swap some recipes, seriously!!!!
You have such a diverse menu and I need new ideas :)

kaly said...

Okay. I totally have to do this too. I'm getting sick of trying to come up with suppers the day of. I've also really been thinking of a weekly cleaning plan. I think I've finally got to have one. I'm going crazy here.
Good job! You inspire me!

Post a Comment